Suzanne Scott is an artist and illustrator based in Dundee working under the name WhimSicAL LusH.
She produces unique, quirky illustrations that she features on ranges of prints, stationary, mugs and jewellery.
Suzanne loves going on inky adventures and adores the little things in life. Whether she’s creating creatures or castles, houses or robots, drawing trees or flowers, or turning people’s ideas into reality there is always a story on her drawing board. Come and join her on her journey in ink and step into the little world of WhimSicAL LusH.
WHIMSICAL: Playfully quaint or fanciful, esp. in an appealing and amusing way. Fanciful. Bizarre. Impulsive. LUSH: Extremely pleasing to the senses. Luxuriant. Rich. Exuberant.
Growing up in rural Perthshire sparked and continues to influence Suzanne’s imagination. She moved to Dundee to study at University and has stayed in her favourite city ever since. After working with children, young people and their families for several years, Suzanne decided change her career to pursue her love of art and illustration full time in 2010.
Suzanne’s work has featured in several solo and group exhibitions and there a number of shops and galleries throughout Scotland stocking her work. She regularly attends art events and markets throughout the year.
Over the last few years Suzanne has worked with many charities to help them fundraise. To date she has raised approximately £116,000 with her artwork.
Suzanne’s projects to date have included:
- Poster and logo designs for several Scottish and international bands, businesses and companies
- Hand painted murals for both private and business clients
- Book covers and illustrations
- Artwork for BrewDog Bar, Dundee
- Artwork for Art Bar, Dundee
- Label artwork for ‘Smoked in History‘, the #collabfest2014 beer brewed by BrewDog Dundee and Alechemy, using smoked timbers from RRS Discovery
- ‘Ghost Ship‘ gift range for RRS Discovery, Dundee
- Illustration work for JDRF, Australia wide Night Circus Gala Ball
- Artwork for Bramble Cottages: two purpose built young children’s homes in Arbroath – Angus Council
- Logos for Sacred Grounds Coffee Company
- Label artwork for ‘Bring Out The Imp‘ beer by Alechemy
- Artwork for TeaPigs
- Illustration work for Dundee City Council
- Van design for iartsupplies
- Illustration and art based group work for Who Cares? Scotland & Angus Council
- Illustrations and concept work for Porter’s Gin, Aberdeen
- Designed specially commissioned bronze plaques for ‘Discovery Walk‘, part of the Dundee Waterfront Project. Celebrating Dundee’s contribution to science and society.
- Oor Wullie’s Bucket Trail Artist co-ordinator and a trail artist (WL Sculptures: Oor Dreamcatcher, The Adventure of Discovery Never Ends, Oor Pirate and collaborated on Oor Original with Peter Davidson.). Auction total £883,000 for ARCHIE Foundation Tayside.
- Artwork for BrewDog, Aberdeen
- Painted Elephant sculpture for The Big Stampede, fundraising for Glasgow Children’s Hospital
- Artwork, mural, story telling/ concept work and window display for Bird and Bear, Dundee
- Installation for Gracie’s of Broughty Ferry
- Art Director and parade artist for Maggie’s Dundee Penguin Parade, 2018 (Auction raised £539,000 at V&A Dundee).
Suzanne is also part Perthshire Open Studios when she teams up with her mum to open their pop-up studio Tigh-Fhada every September.
If you would like to speak to Suzanne about her work, commissions or purchases then please contact her on email@example.com.